School Holiday Activity Ideas
The aim of this page is to give you some inspiration when looking for free and cheap things to do on the school holidays with your kids.
Use our free school holiday planner to plan each day of the school holidays.
Download it here.
1. Go Geocatching
2. Do some cooking and baking
3. Catch some fish
4. Visit a museum
5. Visit a beach
6. Find out what activities are on at your local shopping centre
7. Borrow some books from your local library
8. Go bike riding
9. Watch the planes take off and land at the airport
10. Camp out - in your backyard or at some great spots across Australia.
11. Rearrange the kids bedrooms
12. Have a day at the beach/lake/river
13. Plant a herb and vegie garden together
14. Organise some playdates
15. Think like a tourist and explore your local area
16. Record your own movie or put on a fashion show with your smart phone
17. Make cupcakes
18. Have a games night
19. Fly a kite
20. Make some sock puppets
21. Make fruit skewers
22. Press flowers
23. Visit a library
24. Catch a bus or a ferry or a train
25. Read books on a trampoline
26. Go to a park and blow bubbbles
27. Go to the shops and try a fruit you've never tried before
28. Have a movie marathon
29. Make your own homemade pizza
30. Do your own family portraits
Click here to search for more kids school holiday activities.